Here is the email I got from James White and the response that I sent back to him. My responses are in red:
Mr. Anderson:1. The CD was handed to me and characterized as a "sermon" by the person who handed it to me.
I am giving you an invitation to defend your statements in your recently posted “sermon” (hard to call it that in any meaningful fashion). You can come to the studio and we can directly discuss your assertions. Of course, I will have the actual recordings cued up, so you can explain your direct and documented lies to the audience. Such as:
1) identifying a sunday school lesson on how to engage the culture in answer to the advent of homosexual marriage as a “sermon.”
2) claiming I was projecting the picture, which had been all through the media, of the first “gay marriage” ceremony at the US Air Force Academy when the recording plainly shows that was not the case;2. Are you denying that you displayed a picture of 2 men kissing during the lesson in question? It is clear from the audio that you did so.
3) using the first two obvious lies as the basis of calling me a “pervert”3. See above.
4) telling your audience the Christian response to homosexuality is “stone them” (I guess 1 Cor 6:9-11 isn’t in your KJV?)4. See Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:32
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." - Leviticus 20:13
"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." - Romans 1:32
5) selectively using portions of the interview to falsely portray the idea that I was running from your heretical views of Jesus going to hell, when, as everyone knows, we had discussed it fully, and it was the end of a 2.5 hour session?5. I released the whole interview, so it is obviously not my goal to mislead anyone about our interaction. We never tried to portray you as "running away." If some people came to that conclusion, that is their problem. That scene wasn't even in the movie by the way. It was only in a trailer to get people interested in the movie. You can't expect a short trailer to provide context. It's a trailer!
6) lying to your audience by saying the basis of my understanding of gehenna/hades/hell is the Talmud, when I simply pointed out the consistency between the NT usage and the Jewish understanding of that day, and then6. I didn't lie to the audience. You appealed to the Mishna (which is part of the Talmud) as a legitimate source for understanding the Biblical doctrine of Hell. You then mocked me for "not accepting those sources." Again, it is a moot point since the full interview is online for all to see. I think it has already been viewed over 20,000 times, so your statements are available for all to see.
7) adding to your lies by then deceptively switching to a screaming proclamation that MODERN Jews don’t believe in hell (as if that is relevant).7. Modern Orthodox Judaism is based upon the teachings of the Talmud (including the Mishna). The Talmud (which is what you were appealing to) itself denies the doctrine of Hell as we know it (i.e. we as Christians). Denying the Biblical doctrine of eternal Hell is not unique to modern Judaism. It is based in the Talmud, which goes back to the time of Christ in its oral form, although it wasn't written down until about 500 years later. The Talmud contradicts the Bible's teaching on Hell. Modern Judaism is just a continuation of the same doctrine.
You see, Steven, that kind of fist-pounding, screaming, pulpit-kicking insanity works real well on weak-minded zombified people, but it really falls apart fast under cross-examination when you don’t get to control the conversation. So you know well you could never defend the slanderous display you put on behind that pulpit. But I will be happy to demonstrate that. My next program will be focused upon my upcoming trip to South Africa, where I will be lecturing at North West University and doing a number of debates with Muslims, including at least one in a mosque. I return mid October, and will gladly arrange to have you join me, in studio, to answer for your public statements. Are you ready? Will you stand behind your statements?Regarding your last statement, I didn't "choose" a sermon by you. Someone handed me a sermon CD and asked me to listen to it, so I did. They didn't hand me an assortment to choose from.
By the way, though I truly doubt you care at all, here is an actual sermon (you know, in a church service?) on the subject, one of the 80 sermon series working through the exegesis of the book of Hebrews. Any honest person, if he were actually seeking to critique me on the matter, would choose this, not a sunday school lesson.
After sending this email I learned from him that apparently he had not displayed the image of 2 queer men kissing, but that rather he had displayed the URL where the photo could be viewed by those who wanted to see it. Apparently this was so all the creepy Calvinist perverts could look at it in the privacy of their homes. It sounded to me like he was displaying the image itself on the audio CD I was listening to because I guess they were pulling up the picture for themselves, so they could copy the URL onto the board. I wasn't "lying" since I was speaking what I believed to be the truth based on the audio I heard. Now that I hear Dr. White's explanation, I acknowledge my error. It still doesn't change my basic point: viewing or sharing such a picture is perverted, both of which he was doing.
Also be sure to watch the video below that got James White so mad and prompted him to write this email. Notice, that James White doesn't even address the fact that he used no Bible in the first half hour of what he characterized online as a "Bible Study." I could only stomach the first half hour, so I'm not sure what was in the second half. The following video was made by a channel called "SonsofThunder."