These are in no particular order:
- No daylight savings time!
- The weather is warm year round.
- The main post office branch is open until 9:30pm every day.
- There is an Amazon fulfillment center located in Phoenix, so you can order things from Amazon and have them literally show up in a couple of hours!
- In the summertime, there is no fiddling with the hot and cold knobs to get the temperature just right. You just turn on the cold tap full blast, and the temperature is perfect!
- There is a beautiful view of the mountains in all 4 directions. There are also lots of beautiful palm trees everywhere.
- It is the only place in the world with Saguaro cactuses (cacti?).
- Some of the best gun laws in the nation! Any adult person can carry a gun either openly or concealed without a permit. (I'm not an expert, but I think you can open-carry at 18 and concealed-carry at 21, and you need a permit to carry into an establishment that sells alcohol)
- Raw milk, home birth, and home schooling are all legal!
- In the winter, you only have to drive about an hour and a half to get to the snow (I do this once per year, and the whole time, I am saying to myself, "Man, this is cold! Man, it's going to be great to go back to Phoenix!")
- The Codfather (best fish and chips), Med Fresh Grill (best Turkish/Greek food), Dave's Dog House (best chili dog), Pizza Studio (best pizza - sorry, Round Table), and plenty of Chipotle locations!
- When you get your drivers' license here, it literally expires in 40 years! Mine expires in 2046!
- Innumerable hiking trails, bike paths, mountains, bodies of water, etc, throughout the area, so that you never run out of outdoor activities.
Add more in the comments section!